The sector of India Hospitals and the healthcare, which according to the reports, has faced the key challenges of the time. Over 5percent of the country’s GDP is being spent on the healthcare and hospital services of the country. The public health care is not only weak but also inefficient and under-utilized. Whereas the private healthcare and hospital sector is quite dominant and it adds up to 80 percent of the total income from health care.
The most important features of the healthcare and hospital services are:
- In the health care system the hospitals are the most important part. The inpatient and outpatient services support he researches and the training of the health workers.
- The corporate chain of hospitals in the towns and the cities provide the tertiary healthcare services. The rate is significantly lower than the most developed economies.
- Though there is a rise in income and betterment of health insurance is available the hospital services are still facing a number of challenges.
- The most important drawback of this service industry is the shortage of trained personnel such as doctors, nurses, healthcare administrators, technicians etc. this shortage leads to immense opportunity for people to establish training and educational centers in this respective field.
- The service providers also come up with promises of high quality of health care and hospital services as majority of the hospitals are private and unregulated.
- At present the outlook of the hospitals are positive in service with innovative technologies such as delivery service, increment in affordability, improved quality of service and support of policy of government; and these factors are leading to the growth of the sector.
List of Major Private Hospital Chains in India
- Apolllo Hospitals
- Fortis Hospitals (Wockhardt was bought by fortis)