Hospitality and Hotel Management is the study of managing hotels, restaurants, leisure centers, travel and tourism related organizations etc.
The development of tourism industry has brought to the growth of Hospitality and Hotel Management. As a career it is a very promising one where students get huge challenges but also many prospects and facilities.
Hospitality and hotel management course can be done either in degree or diploma programs or online courses. The courses are available at the hotel management colleges and institutions of the country.
Qualities required in the candidateTo be in the industry of Hospitality and Hotel Management the candidates should be:
- Responsive and caring personality
- Capability to take duties
- Cooperative nature, working in group
- Systematic approach
- Good-looking and outbound personality
- Ability to manage situations during crisis
- Reasonableness and every for detail
- Self-restraint and commitment
- Assurance towards work
- Topics on food and operations management including food science, food selection and preparation, food and beverage operations.
- Topics of lodging operations which include hotel operations, resort management, lodging management, financial management and cost control for hospitality organization.
- The topics for hospitality and hotel management also include global tourism like travel and tourism management, tourism analysis, hospitality and research methods.
- The topics of sustainable tourism with natural destination management, responsible tourism, eco-tourism, and other eco-friendly ways of tourism industry.
- The topics dealingwith entertainment management with theme park management, theatre management, cinema management festival management etc.
- The topics dealing with event management like hospitality sales, catering management etc.