Hotel Management as a career is very promising and is one of the most developing industries in the present day job market. With the gradual development of the tourism industry in the country this industry has developed very fast. This is a very challenging career and thus attracts a lot of young people in to it.
Criteria for Hotel Management as a career
The candidates who want to make Hotel Management as a career should have the following qualities:
- Friendly and helpful personality
- Ability to take responsibility
- Cooperative nature, working in group
- Methodical approach
- Pleasing and outgoing personality
- Ability to manage situations during crisis
- Practicality and every for detail
- Discipline and dedication
- Commitment towards work
Prospects in Hotel Management
People take Hotel management as a career for the prospects in this field. After the completion of the course candidates can get jobs in railways, airlines, shipping, catering services defense sectors etc.
The options that a pass out get after completing the course are:
- Working in restaurant as manager
- Working in fast food joint as manager
- Working as the manager of the club, recreation and health center
- Management jobs in cruise and ships
- Hospital Administration and Catering Jobs
- Institutional and Industrial Catering Jobs
- Airline Catering and Cabin Crew Services
- Jobs of Manufacturers and Suppliers of Hotel and Restaurant
- Jobs in Hotel and Catering Institutes
- Jobs in Hotel and Tourism Associations
- Jobs in Catering Departments in banks and insurance houses
- Jobs with government owned catering departments, for example railway, armed forces, ministerial conventions, etc.
- Chances for working in food, confectionery, beverage production industries.