The flexibility and convenience of paying for a purchase without carrying physical cash has lead to an increase in popularity and usage of debit cards.
The need of a duplicate card can arise in case of the following 2 scenarios:
1. Lost Debit Card: When the debit card is lost:
- The individual account holder will need to make a phone call to the bank’s Customer Care hotline and have the debit card hot-listed and blocked so as to avoid misuse.
- An FIR needs to be filed with the nearby police station for the lost card so the search for the card may be started
- The bank can issue a duplicate card which is just the same as of that of the original car
- The bank would require a specified minimum number of working days for issuing the card and followed by the new PIN no. for additional security in operating the debit card.
2. Debit Card Stuck inside an ATM machine: When the debit card is stuck inside an ATM machine:
- Immediately alert the bank authorities via phone banking or simply walk inside to the closed branch office
- The process of issuing the duplicate card is same as above – following the specified minimum number of days, the bank would re-issue of the duplicate card
- The new card would be followed by new security PIN no. for the activation and use of the new duplicate debit card.