The duplicate land certificate needs to be obtained in case of loss or damaged of the original one. As per rule 128, this is required only when the lodgement date is given precedence. This has to be with the land certificate.
1. In the case of the certificate of the land been destroyed or lost, a duplicate certificate needs to be obtained from the office through proper and relevant paper works.
2. If the certificate of land is with some one else, then through the application, one can get the certificate produced.
3. Through proper application and process a duplicate certificate could be obtained if the same is with another person who is absconding or is staying away from Northern Ireland.
In case of the land certificate in original is destroyed or lost, the process of application to obtain a duplicate one.
If the certificate is not destroyed actually, then
1. No complaint is lodged in the registry.
2. Information to interested parties should be given.
3. The bank and the local solicitors should be approached and all necessary enquiries should be made.
4. Advertisement should be given to notify the loss of the certificate.
One should bear in mind that the advertisement could be done in two ways. First one being personally, where the banks may not see the same and secondly through the solicitor. With the second option, the advertisement is not required to be produced to the registry office.