Mobile theft has become very common today. To secure your SIM and also to prohibit the miscreant from misusing your phone there are certain steps you must take. But most mobile users do not have clear concept about this and often harbor misconceptions. Let us explain the things that you should do immediately after your lose your SIM card.
How to block your SIM
- Once you know that you have lost your mobile, you should immediately call the customer care of Vodafone and inform them about the mishap. They will immediately block your SIM so that no calls can be made through your SIM. There is no charge involved to get your SIM blocked.
- The company will block your number within two hours of getting your complain.
How to get a duplicate SIM
- You can request for a duplicate SIM card to the company. You can collect the duplicate SIM card from the Vodafone Store or Mini Store located nearest to you.
- You should carry a photo ID proof in original and other necessary documents. Duplicate SIM is issued on payment of a nominal fee.
- In some circles, on request the duplicate SIM is sent to the billing address through courier. This takes about 24 hours.
- In the duplicate SIM all the old services will be preserved but since the company does not maintain backup of personal contact lists and SMS, so you will not be able to get those back.