How to Balance Kapha
How To Balance Kapha
- Less sweets
- Warm clothes
- Warm foods
- Warm drinks
- Warm Climate
- Regular exercise controls your weight
- Regular walking for 2 to 4 kilometres per day
- Kapha dosha needs activity, exercise, walk or tour seeing different people and a variety of places.
- Otherwise, he will get more sleep and be idle and lethargic. People with kapha will have indigestion and less appetite. It may lead on to ‘AMA’ (undigested toxic material).
- In order to avoid this, one must engage in work and exercise. Obesity, cold, running nose, allergies and blocked nose are also due to it.
- Everything must be warm. Food, clothes, and drinks all these things bring kapha to balance, as it is cold dosha in nature.
- Honey is the best for kapha. Ayurveda has advocated it, although it is sweet. Dry heat is good for nasal congestion or for lungs congestion.
- Avoid dampness, cold water, as kapha by itself is cold. Udvartana, a dry massage is good for the body.
- The food must be light and easily digested. Kalpha type of people will get diseased very frequently and get imbalanced soon.
- Avoid taking kapha promoting foods in cold season and winter or else sinusitis will be blown upto the maximum.
- Ayurvedic texts recommend the rule of antonyms for concentrating the level of a dosha that has got aggravated.
- Since the characteristics of Kapha include thickness, softness, sugariness, strong, constancy and oiliness, characters that are opposite to these in dieting and lifestyle help reestablish equilibrium to Kapha dosha.