Online Sites where you can book Online Flight Tickets in IndiaList of Airline websites to book flight tickets
- Jetairways (http://www.jetairways.com )
- Indian Airlines (http://indian-airlines.nic.in )
- indigo (http://www.goindigo.in )
- Kingfisher (http://www.flykingfisher.com )
- GoAir (http://www.goair.in )
- SpiceJet (http://www.spicejet.co.in )
List of OTA (Online Travel Agent) sites to book flight tickets
How to Book an Online Flight Ticket in India
You will need a credit card as most of the airline sites do not support netbanking though OTA (online travel agents) accept netbanking (their prices are slightly higher by Rs 25 to 75)
Steps to book flight tickets in India Online
- Log into any of the above mentioned OTA websites and create an account. On some websites you can purchase tickets without registering.
- Chose your journey date and type of journey like one way or round trip.
- Search for all the available flights from your origin cities to your destination cities. Most of the OTA sites show the result in terms of lowest to highest pricing along with ability to refine the results as well to look for previous and next day flights. Search will show even connecting flights too.
- In Search results, you will get a list of different airlines with available seats and price of the tickets. Choose the best suitable flight and click on the "Book now" button.
- For some sites, it will redirect you the airline sites (like in ixigo) but others will book the tickets for you without you leaving the site.
- You will be redirected to fill your personal details along with some options like insurance.
- Now you will be redirected to page asking for your Credit or debit card information. Select the valid card option which you possess and fill other card details such as card number, CCV number which is a three digit number placed on backside of your card and the card expiry date.
- After successful insertion of your net banking details, flight ticket will be booked and the air ticket's soft copy will be emailed to your email id, which was specified by you during the time of personal detail form filling.
- Take the printout of it and carry it as your flight ticket. While check-in the airline attendant will give you proper ticket as a replacement for the paper ticket.
- Also always carry an identity proof which has your photo (like passport or PAN Card) as an evidence to claim your identity on airport.
Apart from the above agent websites, you can even log in to the Airline's official website and book your flight ticket in the same procedure. But the cost of the ticket would get varied between the agent and the Official sites. So check both the ways and go for the affordable method.
How to Buy Flight Tickets Offline in India
Apart from buying online, here are the steps which can help you buy airline tickets offline
- Visit a nearby travel agency. You can find such travel agents through yellow pages of your city.
- Travel agency dealers act as various airline’s agents, so these dealer will help you browse a cheapest and affordable air ticket. Their commission is few hundred rupees and will help you if you are first time traveller.
- You can also call the airline office directly and they can assist you in getting the ticket as well getting it delivered to your home.
- You can also but the Flight ticket from airport itself, The tickets are sold upto 40 minutes prior to departure of the plane.