For the benefit of the students, all career schools and private colleges in Minnesota that have obtained license from the Office of Higher Education are reviewed. In spite of this, if any student feels that he is not getting the service promised then he can lodge a complaint. The Office of Higher Education (Office) will scrutinize your case and if justified, will take necessary actions also.
How to complain?
- The Office can only take action in matters which are under their jurisdiction.
- Any complaint against the public institutes can only be handled by the central administration or the concerned authorities. The office can only take complaints against private institutes.
- You should first contact the college authorities to address your problem. The best option is to solve the problem internally. You should follow the complaint procedure of your institute. Only when such attempts fail you should contact the Office.
- You should document your problem and maintain records of all internal communication. This will make your case strong in case you approach the Office. Moreover this will help the Office in its investigation.
- A written complaint should be made to the Office for it to initiate any action. Give all the details regarding your complaint along with dates of happenings and the people involved in solving it. If possible, substantiate with written documents.
- Give all your personal details so that it becomes easier to investigate.
- In case you want to maintain anonymity, the Office may find it restrictive.
- Unless requested by you, the Office will share your complaint with the institute.