You are here
How to Perform Udvartana
How To Perform Udvartana
- This is a type of dry massage. This is useful in kapha type persons and also in obesity. It promotes circulation and detaches the toxins from skins of the body.
- Start massage right from the head to neck in a circular fashion. In the shoulder and wrist, the massage is done from below to upward, circular in shoulder, elbow and wrist joints.
- In the chest longitudinal or from downward to above is the best massage by avoiding the place of heart.
- Massage stomach from below upwards 2 to 3 times per day.
- Proceed to massage the buttock and thigh and their back from below upwards and hip joint in a circular motion.
- Massage the legs from below upwards with circular movements in knee and ankle joints and toes.
- This should be done for 15-20 minutes per day.
- It is better to use gloves. Preferably use silk gloves or rubber ones for conducting udvartana.
- The massage must not be harsh and uncomfortable.
- Mahasudharshana choorna is used for conducting udvartana.
- The Quantum Human Body, Mind And Medicine
- Ayurveda is the science of life. It is an embodiment of mind and body. The body and mind are mere a photoprint of nature.
- The world is composed of five matters-earth, water, fire, air, and ether. These are present in suitable proportions in our body too.