Adding a new name in a family Ration Card is necessary under the following situations:
• After a new born baby
• After the marriage of a new couple
In case of a new born baby:
• A person needs to go to the district collector office.
• He or she has to find the food and commodities section there.
• Approach for a new Ration Card in the name of the new born baby.
• Collect the application form.
• Fill up the form properly with the name of the new born baby.
• Specify the relationship as applicable.
Once the above mentioned steps are done, the person needs to submit the application with the proper documentation.
The required documents are mentioned below:
• Copies of birth certificate of the applicant child
• Your marriage certificate
• You and your husband/wife’s ration card(parents of the applicant child)
• Deletion certificate of your ration card from your parents’ family(if it exist in a separate family ration card)
After submitting all of these documents and application form it should take normally two weeks or less than two months to serve you a new ration card in name of your new born baby.
After the marriage of a new couple:
• Go to the nearest Food and Civil Supplies department offices and collect the application form
• Fill it properly with desired state name where you wish to get the new Ration Card
Submit it with the photo copies of following documents and take care that the original copies are also with you; these may be required for the verification purposes at the time of submission:
• Your marriage registration certificate.
• Wedding invitation card.
• Modified bank account after your marriage.
• Joint LIC policy of new married couple.