The Passport Office in Delhi was one of the First to be set up in India was established in 1954.You can either apply for a Fresh/Renewal of Passport.
Who is Eligible to apply Passport in Delhi
- All the residents of Delhi (New and Old)
- And the districts in Haryana namely: Gurgaon, Sonepat, Jhajar, Faridabad, Rewari, Mohider garh and Mehwat Nuh.
Forms needed for a Passport
- You will need to fill Form 1 to apply for a Fresh Passport.You can get Form 1 either in Passport Office or in Online.You can Download the Online Application from https://passport.gov.in/.
- Once you have procured the form you have guidelines listed as to how you should fill the form, starting with how to write your name in the columns given you and how you want your name to appear on your Passport.
- Avoid any unnecessary over- writing and completely avoid the use of whiteners. It may cause problems for the applicant.
List of Documents
- Filled Form 1 Application.
- ID proof along with Date of Birth proof
- Proof of Address (in case of tenants please keep a copy of your rent agreement also)
- In case the applicant is a minor, relevant documents of the Parents are a must.
Keep sufficient number of Passport size Colour Photographs.
- AIRTEL and MTNL subscribers can avail themselves of the Interactive Tele Enquiry Services: Ph No: 5532 and 125535
- You can also avail of the new feature initiated by the Passport Office-SMS enquiry to check your Application Status:
- TYPE: Ppt < FileNo > and send it to 57272 /55352 (AIRTEL and MTNL) Eg: A00016001 (Always an Alphabet with 8 digits).
- Monday to Friday from 09:30-18:00 hrs.The office is closed on all Public Holidays.
- Passport Officers are only available on the following days Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday at Timings: 10:00-13:00 hrs.
- Contact No: 011-26165870/ 26161783
Address & Phone Numbers
Regional Passport Office
Bhikaji Camaji Place
Contact No: 011-26165870/ 26161783
Fax: 011-26165870/ 26161783