A '''Voter ID Card '''is an identification card issued to all eligible voters by the Election Commission for voter identification on the voting day. Before I go and explain the process of applying for a voter card I would like to explain a commonly held myth about the voter card.
Voter ID card in India is often used for identification and comes handy if you are looking to apply for credit card, passport or pan card.
'''How to apply for a Voter Card'''
1.The person needs to do registration on Form 001. It can be done at the point of submitting the voter registration form 006.
2. After the person becomes a registered voter the person’s name has started appearing in the voter list the person can go ahead and submit his form 001 to the Electoral Registration Office.
3. At a specific time the Election Commission of India organizes campaigns to give voter card to all registered voters. In this period the Election Commission of India advertises in newspaper of the state. Individuals whose name appears are also given the location of the Election Registration office in the area.
4. The notice issued gives the name of the name, age of the person, the house number, the constituency number and the name of the polling booth in the area.
5. It mentions the date on which the voter ID will be issued in the area.
6. Once the voter gets the notice he must visit the designated photographic location which usually a school or government office in the locality. The DPL will have two system equipped with digital cameras. The DPL will issue the voter card in 10 -15 minutes time.