As opposed to the popular believe, the issuing of a duplicate pan card is quite an easy, hassel free and immediate process. All you have to do is to furnish certain important documents to the concerned department.
When can duplicate Pan Card be issued?
In general, a duplicate Pan Card can be issued only in the following event:
- The assessee has lost or misplaced the previous Pan card.
- There is any error in the issued Pan Card due to any change of name or due to any wrong details furnished by the assessee or the applicant while filing the Form 49A.
- The issue Pan Card has not been received by the assessee from the Pan Card Department, even after it has been duly dispatched by the department under certificate of posting.
Ways to apply for a duplicate Pan Card
- Applying for a duplicate Pan Card is almost like applying for a new Pan Card. So therefore, the first is to duly fill up the application form for the purpose. The name of this application form is ‘Request for new PAN card or/and changes or correction in PAN data’. This form can be downloaded from http://www.tin-nsdl.com/TINFaciliCenter.… or http://www.utitsl.co.in/pan/search.php at a cost of Rs.5. the fees for the issue of a duplicate Pan Card will around Rs. 67.
- After correctly filling up the form it needs to be send to the concerned Pan Card department along with your address proof and new photo.
One can always visit http://www.tin-nsdl.com/TINFaciliCenter.… for more additional information regarding the issuing of duplicate Pan Card.