You are here

How to change name in Ration Card

Changing name in a <a href="/node/47979">ration card</a> is a lengthy process and thus, if someone desires to change name and does not know <a href="/node/68619">how to change name in ration card</a>, he/she needs to abide by certain steps. Before going through the process of How to change name in Ration Card it should be considered that the member is above 18years.

Following are the steps to be followed prior to change name in Ration Card:

  • The person who wishes to change the name should consult a lawyer.
  • The appointed lawyer will prepare an affidavit for the person to change his or her name.
  • The name is then to be published in State Government Gazette.
  • The name change proposal can also be published in a newspaper.
  • A very important things is to be remembered that the Government has no legal responsibility regarding the affidavit publication in Gazette.
  • Once the procedure is accomplished the person will be known by his or her new name.
  • Thereafter he or she will file a petition to the Munsif/ Civil court of his/her District/Taluk to access an order that his/her new name and old name both indicate the same person.

Once these formalities are completed, a person can actually go ahead with the process of changing name in ration card.

To change name in the Ration Card some more steps are to be followed.

  • The person should go to the Zonal Public Distribution office.
  • He or she should collect Form No 3 for changing name in Ration Card.
  • The applicant should submit the form with affidavit attested by First Class Magistrate and newspaper cutting.
  • The old ration cards is also required to submit.
  • The authority will provide a slip with the date mentioned for handing over the ration card with the new name. Generally it takes about a fortnight to get the work done.