With half dozen low fair no frills airlines operating in Indian market, the cost of flight tickets have come down considerably where a ticket from Delhi to Mumbai only costs Rs 3000 in economy class.
Here is the list of Tips and Suggestions to find the best Flight Deals in India
- Many Travel Sites in India offers discounts for people registering to site and buying tickets from them. You can look at them to find such deals. Most of these online travel booking sites offer promo codes and discounts as well as low fare alerts, for e.g. http://www.makemytrip.com/promotion/includes/3inone_offer.php or http://www.yatra.com/LFA/lfa.html. You can check the sites and search for promo prices and offers.
- Try to book your flight ticket as early as possible as the ticket prices goes up on daily basis and for last 48 hours, you may have to pay almost double the price for the ticket as compared to say, if you had bought it 10 days back. Though for busy routes like between Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad the prices of tickets do not go up that high due to numerous flights.
- Sign up in the official website of your favorite airline. This will help in receiving a frequent newsletter of this airline carrying all the latest news and offers. Hence you can plan to travel accordingly.
- Booking tickets in the festive season, would really bring you the real advantage and profit. But make sure that you are booking well advanced before the day of journey, or else you might have to pay three times more than the real pay. After all festive seasons are considered to be very lucrative season for the airlines.
- Plan to have round trip. This will make avail a good amount of discount. Because as you are booking two way tickets the airline is in profit here.So naturally you also deserve the credit of some discount on your flight tickets.
- You can plan for an extended holiday trip, and book the entire holiday package through online travel agents/tour brokers, so you can avail a huge discount on this package, by getting free stay or free food.
- India now also has many group buying sites, check them to find if some cheap flight deal is offered.
- Try to negotiate with tour agencies as it is often possible to reduce the price, specially with smaller tour operators, though they may cut down on something to make up for the loss, so be careful with such operators.
- If possible, try to travel in off season to get reduced prices. Summer is the peak time for all airlines and travel/tour operators but Feb-march and July-Sept are off seasons so you can get good pricing for travel tickets.
- Try to avoid booked flight ticket cancellation. Suppose it is mandatory to cancel your booked ticket, try to do it many days before the journey. If you cancel the ticket, just one or two days before the journey then the amount of deduction will be really high. So it is always advisable to shun booked flight ticket cancellation.
- Make sure that your booked flight tickets are of refundable status. Sometimes you would come across some of the offers which might make you avail a good amount of discount but does not provide the provision of refunding.So book such offer only if you are sure enough to travel.