The ICICI Lombard student medical insurance is specially designed to provide cover against the unexpected medical and non medical expenses during the period of study abroad. These insurances are comprehensive health covers which gives cover against medical treatment, dental expenses, baggage loss, personal accident, liability etc.
The customers with the student insurance will have to follow the below mentioned procedures for ICICI Lombard Student Medical claim cashless:
• The insured person should inform the customer care service to register the claim. The customer can get in touch with the TPA at certain numbers;
To call toll free from USA and Canada: + 1 866 625 8529
With call back facility from the rest of the world: +91 11 4189 8868
In India: 1800 113 66
Fax: +91 11 4189 8801
• After the completion of the registration the TPA will verify the identity of the caller.
• In case if there is any emergency of accident or sudden illness the customer should contact the helpline number as early as possible.
• If the sudden death of the insured takes place or of the bail bond benefit has been availed immediately the insured person’s family members should sponsor the requirement of submitting an official death certificate within 30 days of the death of the insured. A statement should also be submitted mentioning the cause of the death of the insured but any certificate from relative or the spouse will not be accepted by the company.
• After the completion of the above procedures the TPA would directly settle the cost on behalf of the company.
• If the service provider refuses to accept the payment made directly by TPA then the insured’s family will have to borne the cost. The company would reimburse the costs but on the submission of required details.