ILS Law College, Pune
ILS Law College, Pune is one of the top ten law colleges in India. The Indian Law Society, was founded on 4th March, 1923, as a result of the pioneering efforts of several legal luminaries. With the establishment of the University of Pune in 1949, the college was affiliated to it. Three Chief Justices of India and a number of Chief Justices and Justices of the High Courts as well as Governors and Jurists are the alumni of the College.
ILS Law College, Pune Admission Procedure:
The procedure for applying for admission is as follows:
1. Candidates must obtain the prospectus and admission form before the last date as published in the admissions timetable.
2. Candidates must submit duly filled admission form along with all required documents before the last date as published in the admissions timetable.
3. The college publishes the first merit list. This list is put up on the Web site as well as on the college notice boards.
4. Interviews are held on the basis of the first merit list and admissions granted to candidates who meet all requirements.
5. Selected candidates must pay the admission fees in cash on the same day after the interview and confirm the admission.
6. A second merit list is published subsequent to the completion of the first round, followed by interviews and admissions.
7. If required, a third round may also be conducted.
ILS Law College, Pune Eligiblity:
BSLLLB: 10+2 or equivalent examination with minimum 40 % marks for candidates belonging to SC or ST, and 45% marks for others.
LLB: Graduate of any faculty with minimum 40 % marks for candidates belonging to SC or ST, and 45% marks for others.
DTL, DLL&LW, and MLL&LW: Graduate of any faculty.
ILS Law College, Pune Programmes Offered:
1. BSLLLB (five year law course)
2. LLB (three year law course)
3. MLL&LW (two year course – Masters Degree in Labour Law and Labour Welfare)
4. DTL (one year course – Diploma in Taxation Laws)
5. DLL&LW (one year course – Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare)
ILS Law College, Pune Selection Criteria:
Admissions to the first year of BSLLLB and LLB courses are based on merit. Percentage calculation for determining merit is based on marks obtained in all the subjects mentioned in the mark list. If mark sheet contains only grades, it should be accompanied with transcript of marks.
Admissions to the DTL, DLL&LW and MLL&LW courses are on first come first served basis.
ILS Law College, Pune Fee:
Candidate within Maharashtra State including disabled category XII from Maharashtra Rs. 12,100/-
XII Outside Maharashtra Rs. 12,200/-
ILS Law College, Pune Hostels:-
ILS has separate in-campus hostel accomodation for both male and female students. Hostel accomodation is provided to students strictly on the basis of merit.
The Men's Hostel offers a total of 154 rooms, out of which 46 are double rooms and 108 are single occupancy rooms. The three-winged hostel is flanked by tennis courts on one side and overlooks the picturesque Law College hill on the other.
Ladies' Hostel has a capacity to accommodate 67 students with boarding and lodging facilities. There is a dining hall, study room, sick room, washing machine and TV and newspaper room, along with 24-hour telephone facilities.
ILS Law College, Pune Campus life:-
The campus stretches from the Sarswati Building which houses the library, the reading room, to the Laxmi Building that houses over fifteen halls for regular lectures, the legal aid centre and an auditorium with a capacity of 400 people, used for guest lectures, college functions and presentations.
The College facilities are further enriched with a huge residential complex for male students; the newly constructed Ladies Hostel, a gymnasium, a sprawling cricket and football ground, a sports pavilion housing the indoor sports facilities, tennis courts and a swimming pool.
ILS Law College, Pune Contacts:-
ILS Law College, Law College Road,
Pune - 411004 (India)