ISO stands for International Organization for Standardization. It is a global association of national standards bodies, presently consisting One Hundred And Forty members. The purpose of ISO is to encourage the progress of standardization and activities co-related to it in the planet with an intention to assist international trade of services and goods, and to developing collaboration in the areas of scientific, technological, intellectual, and economic activity. The outcome of ISO is technical works are furnished as per International Standards.
What is ISO 9001-2000?
principles have been designed by ISO and it consist four important standards:
- ISO 9000:2000 – Fundamentals and Vocabulary
- ISO 9001:2000 – QMS – Requirements
- ISO 9004:2000 – QMS – Guidelines for improvements in performance
- ISO 19011: 2002 – Guidelines for quality and/or environmental management systems auditing
Advantages of ISO Certificate
- Successful Management Control
- Marketing Advantage
- Achievement of Customer Confidence
- Lowering the cost of inferior quality
- International Acceptance
- Transparency and accountability
- Employee Morale
Steps to be taken for obtaining ISO Certificate
- Compact resolution to implement QMS.
- Allocate resources to execute the decision.
- Formation of core team
- Arrangement of Training Sessions.
- Examination of the current Business Systems in organization in comparison with ISO Standards.
- Prepare Quality Policy and Quality Objectives
- Prepare six Compulsory Quality Procedures provided by ISO standard.
- Put into operation the newly established “Quality Management System” from intended / fixed date.
- Organize “Internal QMS Auditors Training”.
- Carry out first Internal Quality Audit.
- Apply for certification to Certification Body with Approval Manuals.
- Perform first Meeting and then invite Certification Body to conduct on-spot audit.
- Certification Body will issue “Recommendation Letter”.
- Collect original ISO Certificate from Certification Body within 21 - 30 days from the date of receiving recommendation letter.
- After certification, CB takes surveillance audits in the interval of nine months.