According to the income tax department to make income tax payments online the payer should have access to net banking account with the below listed banks.
Some prominent names as mentioned on the site are
1. Allahabad Bank
2. Andhra Bank
3. Axis Bank
4. Bank of Baroda
5. Bank of India
6. HDFC Bank
7. ICICI Bank
8. IDBI Bank
9. Indian Overseas Bank
10. Punjab National Bank. Etc.
How to file taxes online
1. A relevant channel of payment has to be chosen by the tax payer as applicable. The channels’ are ITNS 280, ITNS 281, ITNS 282, and ITNS 283.
2. The payer has to enter a valid PAN/ TAN No. as applicable. Validity of TAN/PAN will be done online.
3. After the PAN/TAN is verfied the payer can make other entries like accounting head, name, address and the bank through which the payment is made.
4. Once the data has been entered a confirmation screen will pop up and the payer has to confirm the data entered. Once the confirmation has been done the data will be redirected towards the net banking site for processing.
5. A net banking ID and Password is available with the payer the same is entered and then the payment details are entered.
6. After the payment has been successfully made a challan, counter foil will be displayed on the screen which would have the CIN, payment details and the bank name through which the payment has been made. The counter foil is the proof of payment made.