Indian Passport for Kids and Children The kids and children who are under the age of 18 are considered as minors in India. While applying for the first time for the Indian Passport for Kids and Children, the details of valid passports held by both or either parent should be furnished in the application form. In the cases where the parents do not hold valid passports, applications for such children can be made on the basis of three documents out of following fourteen documents,
- Elector Photo Identity Card
- Service Identity Card issued by State/Central Government
- SC/ST/OBC certificates
- Freedom fighter Identity Cards
- Arms Licenses
- Property Documents such as Pattas, Registered deeds e.t.c
- Ration Cards
- Pension documents
- Railway Identity Cards
- Income Tax Identity Cards
- Bank/Post office passbooks
- Student Identity Cards
- Driving licenses
- Birth Certificates
The passport validity for the kids and children is restricted for 5 years or attaining 18 years of age whichever is earlier. In the normal case, the signature/consent of both the parents is required for the issue of passport to kids and children. The physical appearance of the minor may be required sometimes before the passport officer. The passport for the kids or children is giving on post-police verification basis.
Passport Application Form There are two ways to get a passport application form, one is to register online and take a printout of the application form and second is to directly get the application form from nearest passport office or speed post centers.
Guidelines to fill the application Form
As the passport application form is machine readable, there are some guidelines to fill in the application form.
- Use Capital letters only.
- Use black or blue ball pen only.
- Leave on the box after completing a word while filling in the boxes.
- Write clearly in the boxes without touching the boundaries.
- Adjust the information to fit in the given number of boxes.
- Do not write anything outside the box. Avoid overwriting.
- Complete the applications in full.
Apply for Passport If you have registered online then you will be given an appointment date and time, you need to submit the printed application form in the passport office at the given date and time. The passport application can be submitted at
- The counter of the passport office
- The speed post centers
- District passport cells
- Passport collection centers
An application for a passport may be submitted personally or through a representative carrying an authority letter.