Indian Passport for Newborn and Infants
While applying for the first time for the Indian Passport for New Born and Infants, the details of valid passports held by both or either parents should be furnished in the application form. For new born and infants the passport will be issued without any police verification. In the cases where the parents do not hold valid passports, applications for such infants can be made on the basis of three documents of out of following fourteen documents,
- Electro Photo Identity Card
- Service Identity Card issued by State/Central Government
- SC/ST/OBC certificates
- Freedom fighter Identity Cards
- Arms Licenses
- Property Documents such as Pattas, Registered deeds e.t.c
- Ration Cards
- Pension documents
- Railway Identity Cards
- Income Tax Identity Cards
- Bank/Post office passbooks
- Student Identity Cards
- Driving licenses
- Birth Certificates
In general, the passport validity for the new born and infants is given for 5 years only. In case of single parent and children born out of wedlock or in case of parents who are judicially separated, a sworn affidavit before a magistrate, stating the facts of the case along with proofs must be submitted. In normal case the signature/consent of both the parents is required for the issue of passport to Newborn and Infants. The physical appearance of the child may be required sometimes.
Passport Application Form
There are two ways to get a passport application form, one is to register online and take a print out of the application form and second is to directly get the application form from nearest passport office or speed post centers.
Guidelines to fill the application Form
As the passport application form is machine readable, there are some guidelines to fill in the application form.
- Use Capital letters only.
- Use black or blue ball pen only.
- Leave on box after completing a word while filling in the boxes.
- Write clearly in the boxes with out touching the boundaries.
- Adjust the information to fit in the given number of boxes.
- Do not write anything outside the box. Avoid over-writing.
- Complete the applications in full.
Apply for Passport
If you have registered online then you will be given a appointment date and time, you need to submit the printed application form in the passport office at the given date and time. The passport application can be submitted at
- The counter of the passport office
- The speed post centers
- District passport cells
- Passport collection centers
An application for a passport may be submitted personally or through a representative carrying an authority letter.