Indian Passport for Parents
If you are an Indian citizen and want to apply for Indian Passport for Parents then you need to do the following things,
- Find out nearest Regional Passport Office (RPO).
- Get a new passport application form or you can download the form online from http://passport.gov.in website.
- Fill in the application form and submit it in the Regional Passport Office along with the required documents and fee applicable.
- Fee can be paid either by cash or by Demand Draft (DD) in the name of passport officer.
- Your passport photocopy if exists can be given for easy verification.
Process of Passport Application
Once applied in the passport office your application will be checked for the fulfill ness then it is forwarded to the nearest police station for verification. Once police verification is done your application is sent back to the passport office along with the police verification certificate. Once police verification is clear then after regular verifications and process your parents passport is issued.
If you are no more Indian citizen but your parents are Indian citizens then also you can get Indian Passports for your parents. It may not be possible to get an Indian Passport for your parents if they are not Indian citizens.
Passport Application Form
There are two ways to get a passport application form, one is to register online and take a print out of the application form and second is to directly get the application form from nearest passport office or speed post centers.
Guidelines to fill the application Form
As the passport application form is machine readable, there are some guidelines to fill in the application form.
- Use Capital letters only.
- Use black or blue ball pen only.
- Leave on box after completing a word while filling in the boxes.
- Write clearly in the boxes with out touching the boundaries.
- Adjust the information to fit in the given number of boxes.
- Do not write anything outside the box. Avoid over-writing.
- Complete the applications in full.
Apply for Passport
If you have registered online then you will be given a appointment date and time, you need to submit the printed application form in the passport office at the given date and time. The passport application can be submitted at
- The counter of the passport office
- The speed post centers
- District passport cells
- Passport collection centers
Delivery of Passport
Passport may be delivered only to the applicant or dispatched by speed post to the address given in the application form