PNR number of your train ticket is mainly used to check the status of your reserved ticket in the Indian Railways. Indian railways have come up with multiple advanced technologies to check Indian Rail PNR enquiry.
Different ways for Indian rail PNR enquiry
- You can make Indian rail PNR enquiry on phone
- You can make Indian rail PNR enquiry via internet
- You can make Indian rail PNR enquiry in person or through SMS.
Make Indian rail PNR enquiry on phone
- Dial 139 on your mobile or landline phone. This service is applicable for subscribers of BSNL, MTNL, Airtel, Vodafone, Idea and Spice.
- Once you get connected to Indian rail phone service you must follow the recorded instruction given to you.
- It would include to change the language option followed by making an option selection for the specific enquiry.
- Dial the instructed number to check the PNR status by dialing the PNR number according to the instruction.
Make Indian rail PNR enquiry online
- Online check on PNR number is one of the simplest method to take up. Now visit www.indianrail.gov.in and click on the PNR Status link.
- Now you will be asked to enter the valid PNR number for the status enquiry.
- Enter the valid PNR number and get the right current data from the source.
- If it shows that symbol WL followed by the digit then it means that your ticket is still in waiting list with specified number of people before you.
- If it shows the symbol RAC then it means that your ticket is half confirmed.
- The final chart of reservation system will be prepared one day before the journey. Hence even though your PNR status shows the waiting list you would be standing a chance to get your waiting list cleared at the last moment.
Make Indian Rail PNR enquiry in person or through SMS
- You can send a SMS to 57886 stating your pnr number with the code PNR in it and get the immediate response stating your PNR Present status.
- For example you can SMS PNR<PNR NUMBER> to 57886 or send it to 139.
- You can also check the Indian rail PNR status in person by visiting the close by railway station and approaching the enquiry counter. Your question will be solved here after standing in a long queue.