Indian railways adds various kind of surcharge and fees other then traveling fare to provide additional facilities to passengers and to make some profit from the services.
Indian Railway charges for online booking
- Indian railways charges for online ticket booking varies from bank to bank.
- If its national bank like State bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Bank of Baroda etc the charge of online booking goes up to Rs.10 plus the ticket fare.
- If you are using the internet banking facility of the private bank then the internet booking charges goes up to Rs.20 plus the ticket fare.
Indian Railway charges for online cancellation of tickets
- Indian railways deducts Rs.40 plus the online cancellation charges from your bank account.
- If the ticket is in the waitlist during the time of cancellation then rs.20 plus the online cancellation charge will be deducted from your account.
- If the ticket is in confirmed status then as mentioned above rs.40 plus the online cancellation charge will be deducted from the bank account.
Indian Railway charges for ticket booking in person
- Suppose you book the ticket in the nearest station in person you will not be charged extra booking charges.
- You will be charged only the actual fare of the ticket but only drawback is that you have to wait in a long queue to get your ticket booked.
Indian Railway charges for ticket cancellation in person
- A ticket can be cancelled in person without any service charges. But you will be charged only for the cancellation.
- If your ticket is in a waiting list still then you will be charged Rs.20. per seat.
- If your ticket is in a confirmed status then you will be charged Rs.40 per seat.
Indian Railway charges for tatkal booking or cancellation
- A tatkal ticket costs 20% plus the ticket fare for second class ticket. It is 30% plus the actual ticket fare for all other classes.
- A tatkal ticket once booked can not be cancelled though it is in the waiting list.
- A tatkal ticket can be cancelled only if your train is 3 hours late from the originating point or it is about to move in the different route.
Indian Railway charges for phone enquiry or SMS enquiry
- You will be charged your phone network’s STD call rate per minute if you call on any of the railway enquiry number.
- A SMS charges your STD SMS rate for each SMS.