- Fare of Indian Railways in various classes
- Fare of Indian Railways for making online transaction
- Fare on Indian Railways for cancellation of tickets
- Fare of Indian railways for booking tatkal tickets
- Check railway ticket fare online
- how to check railway ticket fare on phone or via SMS
- Indian Railways for in different trains for distance of 1000km
- Indian Railways fare to cover 200km and 500km in Sleeper, AC 2Tier or 3tier
Fare of Indian Railways in various classes
- Second class sitting is one of the cheapest travels you can avail from Indian railways.
- Sleeper is the second cheapest class. Here you get a provision laid down during the travel.
- Next, you have AC chair car which provides you the comfortable journey in the air conditioned compartment and push back seats.
- Ac 3 tier is the fourth cheapest class of travel with air conditioned compartment and with a sleeper seat.
- AC 2 tier is the fifth cheapest class of travel with air conditioned compartment which is much more luxurious than 3 tier.
- Executive class is the most expensive of all. You have all the provisions of AC 2 tier including food.
Note : The fare of Indian railways in different classes is totally dependent on the distance you travel.
Fare of Indian Railways for making online transaction
- Indian railways charge reasonable price for an online booking.
- If you are making an online transaction via nationalized bank then charge for booking an online ticket is rs.10. This is the per transaction cost.
- If the booking is done via any private bank then you will be charged Rs.20 to Rs.25 per transaction.
Fare on Indian Railways for cancellation of tickets
- If you are canceling a booked ticket which is in a confirmed status than 23% of the ticket’s base fare will be deducted and rest of the money will be refunded back to you.
- If you are canceling a booked ticket which is on a waiting list then you 10% of the ticket’s base fare will be deducted and rest of the money will be refunded back to you.
Fare of Indian railways for booking tatkal tickets
- If you book a tatkal ticket online you will be charged the base fare of the ticket plus 10% of the base fare plus the online transaction charge. The tatkal charge is 10% for second class sitting whereas it is 30% for all other classes.
- If you book a tatkal ticket in person in the nearest railway station then except online transaction all other charge remains the same.
But note that the tatkal ticket amount will not be refunded for any personal reason. For more information, you can visit http://www.indianrail.gov.in/fare_Enq.html
Check railway ticket fare online
- Indian railways have launched various official websites to facilitate the railway inquiry process for its passengers.
- Visit www.indianrail.gov.in and www.irctc.co.in
- If you are just planning to check the railway ticket fare then www.indianrail.gov.in is the right choice for you.
- You can go to trains between the station and fetch the price of the ticket by stating the source and destination station.
- Suppose you are planning to book the ticket as well via online then log on to www.irctc.co.in and go to the booking section to fetch the railway ticket fare.
how to check railway ticket fare on phone or via SMS
- You have to dial 139 on your phone and get connected Bharatiya Railway Seva Phone Service.
- After selecting the preferable language option you can dial the number as instructed to get the information on railway fare. You must be aware of the train number here to fetch the detail on railway ticket fare.
- You can also get more information of railway ticket fare just by sending a text message to the Indian railway number.
- The text message facility is available for people with Airtel, Vodafone, Spice, Idea, BSNL, MTNL subscribers only.
- You have to send a right SMS code to any of these numbers 57886, 54959, 139, and 5676747.
- you can SMS to 139 in the following format
FARE <train number> <DOJ**DDMMYY> <Station from : STD CODE> <Station to; STD CODE> <Class> to 139. For example: Fare 6628 160708 0542 011 3AC G
- You will be receiving an instant reply from Indian Railways on your mobile phone.
Things to consider
In order to be acquainted with the Indian Railways Fare, a passenger is required to fill-up a form available at the official website of Indian Railways, mentioning the Train Number, Class of Accommodation, Age, Station Code, Beginning Station Code along with Month and Day.
Indian Railways provides excellent services to its passengers. Be it related to arrival and departure of the train, establish an efficient and quick reservation system or can be related to providing proper facilities at the railway stations. Indian Railways made it possible to maintain superior standards.
It has become very convenient for the passengers to keep a check on the seat availability, PNR status, and Indian Railways Fare, with the help of Indian Railways official website.
Useful Search Services
The Indian Railways Fare utility search services allow commuters to obtain the detailed timetable of the trains comprising departure status and real time arrival. With Indian Railways search query services, the passenger can also view the fare for the chosen rail route.
This unique element is introduced by the Indian Railways to assist the users choosing an appropriate rail route with convenient fare system and organize their voyage more conveniently and efficiently.
Advantage of online fare system
Moreover, with online Indian Railways Fare system it is not obligatory to go through the complex registration process or to remember the station codes. It provides passengers with an analytical text support for each and every station all over the country. Once the traveler has completed the date and destination of travel, Indian Railways Fare online search illustrates all the probable details and options of the voyage with just a click of the mouse.
Indian Railways for in different trains for distance of 1000km
- A normal express train ticket to cover 1000km of distance in Sleeper coach you would be charged up to Rs.500.
- If you travel in Ac coach to cover 1000 km of distance Garibrath costs you Rs.800.
- The same distance will cost you the ticket fare of up to Rs.1300 to 1500 in various Ac tires at Shatabdi Express.
The database inscribed in the Indian Railways Fare search is consistent and is well organized by the authorities of Indian Railways. Indian Railways official website provides all the information related to reservation, confirmation, seat availability and much more.
Indian Railways fare to cover 200km and 500km in Sleeper, AC 2Tier or 3tier
- Indian railways fare to cover the distance of 200 Km in AC 2tier in Rajdhani or Shatabdi you will be charged around Rs.400.
- Indian railways fare to cover the distance of 500 Km in AC 4tier in Rajdhani or Shatabdi you will be charged around Rs.1000.
- Indian railways fare to cover the distance of 200 Km in AC 3tier in Rajdhani or Shatabdi you will be charged around Rs.550.
- Indian railways fare to cover the distance of 500 Km in AC 3tier in Rajdhani or Shatabdi you will be charged around Rs.1200.
- If you would like to cover 200km of distance in sleeper class or ordinary express train then you would be charged Rs.100 to Rs120.
- If you would like to cover 500km of distance in sleeper class or ordinary express train then you would be charged Rs.300.