PNR is an abbreviation of Passenger Name Record. It is written atop Indian Railway ticket on the left corner. Indian Railways PNR is basically a passenger’s travel record in the CRS (Computer Reservation System) database. PNR comprises five parts which are :
• Contact details of Travel agent
• Commuter(s) Name
• Name of the person who booked the ticket
• Details of the ticket (could be time limit of the ticket or ticket number)
• Minimum one segment journey should be alike for each and every passenger listed.
There are several people, go on searching for the Indian Railway PNR enquiry status for the booked tickets. Also, go on a look out for toll-free numbers where one can get train information, passenger information along with the other relevant details via SMS, phone or website.
To acquire the status of Indian Railway PNR
1. To enquire about the reserved tickets the department of Indian Railways has a phone number, which is completely a toll-free service. It also works throughout India incorporating small towns and villages. All you need to do is call on ‘139’ telephone number from Vodafone, Spice Telecom, Idea, Garuda, Dolphin, MTNL, BSNL landlines and Airtel enabled mobiles. With following telecom operators you can also acquire access to fax, call back and SMS facility. For Mumbai and Delhi residents yet another benefit is that one can dial 139 following by 10 digits PNR number or 4 digits train number and instantly obtain the train and PNR status of the ticket.
2. Indian Railway PNR ticket status can also be fetched via SMS. Just send the text PNR followed by 10 digits PNR number to 5676747 or 57886 or 5888.
3. Indian Railway has recently started a new service, which is 139 service of passenger information on SMS where you can send an SMS to this number and acquire any information concerning railways such as accommodation, PNR status and fare etc. One SMS can cost up to Rupees Three. there are two kinds of services available for the passengers, which are as follows:
Train Schedule: SMS station name or code to 139 along with the train number.
PNR Status by SMS: Send a SMS to 139 and type PNR followed by the PNR number.
You can also log on to Indian Railway Official Website to check confirm your reservation.