Indian railways timetable
Indian Railways binds the economical, cultural and social framework of the nation. It covers entire nation ranging from east to west and north to south eradicating the barrier of distance for the population of India. Indian Railways Network has assembled together the entire country therefore creating a sense of unity and harmony amongst Indians.
Indian Railways Timetable booklet
Railways Ministry has introduced a handy Indian Railways Timetable booklet for the easiness for long distance and regular inter-city passengers. Also, the handy timetable acts as a guide for domestic tourists and foreign travelers. This time table comprises scheduled timings of the trains managed by the Indian Railways. However, the time table specifies only a few train stoppages stations. Indian Railways Timetable booklet does not contain the timings of slip-coach services and passenger trains. The timetable booklet comprises details related to departure and arrival of the trains, daily services, accommodation classes, stoppages at important stations and pantry cars availability.
There are three easy steps to find the right table providing the details of the trains. These include:
Using the Station Index
• Toggle to the Page 9 of the station index, where details are enlisted related to the stations in an ascending order.
• Under important stations, listed several destination stations. The numbers of table are provided keeping abreast the destination stations. Also, mentioned are the train numbers which connect to destination stations.
• If the destination station is not enlisted under the important stations, then train numbers will be mentioned against the beginning station itself.
• Browse through an appropriate table and decide the well-situated train.
Using the Train Number Index
• If you know your number and name of the train, go to Train Number Index on 40 and 46 page, respectively where the numbers of the trains are accessible in an alphabetically order, together with names of the train.
• You just need to find your train name and number available in the Indian Railways Timetable booklet.
Using Table Numbers with Route Maps
• Commuters traveling between midway stations can conveniently locate the relevant timetable of the train by using Table Numbers with Route Maps.
• Browse through the Route Map available on Page 8.
• Find your originating station and map out the way to the destination station.
• The numbers inscribed alongside routes indicate the numbers of the table.
Indian Railways has its own official website from where you can extract the information related to PNR Enquiry, Accommodation Class, Ticket Booking and many more.