==Indian Space Program==
* '''The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)''' was formed in 1969. The Space Commission and the Dept. of Space were formed by the Govt. of India in 1972.
* ON 20 September 2004, the first operational flight of Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle '''(GSLV – F01)''' from '''Satish Dhawan''' Space Center was one of the most significant milestone of Indian Space program.
* This has placed 1950 kg''' EDUSAT''' into a predetermined '''GTO (Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit)'''.
* Being a multipurpose satellite system it provides services to Telecommunications, Television broadcasting, Weather forecasting, Disaster warming, Search and Rescue fields.
* '''Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)''': It is the four stage launch vehicle, capable of launching up to 1600 kg satellites into 620 km polar orbit.
* Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) can launch 2000 kg satellite into GTO. The indigenous cryogenic is used in the third stage of '''GSLV.'''
* An elaborate launch infrastructure exists at the Satish Dhawan Space Center (SDSC) SHAR, located at 130 North latitude. From here, satellites can be launched into a variety of orbital inclinations starting form 180 and extending up to 990.