The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit making Society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. First started in 1941 as the Association of Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI), it was converted into "Indian Society for Technical Education" in 1968 with a view to enlarge its activities to advance the cause of technological education.The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organisations. Being the only national organisation of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, CTE/DST/MIT/State Govts. are well associated with the ISTE for programmes relating to technical education.
ISTE:The society arranges technical seminars, projects and research papers in all technical colleges of India. It also arranges tehnical fests ,intenational seminars of all engineering topics.
The major objective of the ISTE are:
1.To formulate the general goals & responsibilities of technical education.
2. To adjust curriculum & educational processes to changing conditions.
3. To develop effective teachers & educational administrators.
4. To improve instructional methods & practices & administrative usages.
5. To enhance professional ideals & standards.
6. To foster research as a function complementary to teaching.
7. To cultivate fraternal spirit amongst the teachers, administrators, industrialists & professionals.
8. To bring about effective linkage between technical institutions industry & society.
9. To award Honorary fellowships, Awards and Prizes, for furthering the objectives of Technical Education.
Indian Society for Technical Education
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg
Near Katwaria Sarai
Opp. Sanskrit Vidyapeeth
New Delhi - 110 016
Phone : 011-26513542, 26963431
Fax : 011-26852421
Email : email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org