Insurance in the recent has become a mandatory policy to be taken by all because of the uncertainty in one’s life that anything can happen at any point in time. In previous years it was considered as only for the working people.But now everyone has realized the potential of insurance and insurance companies have reached a certain height and development is vast.
Some of the top insurance sites in India are as follows:
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
- Health Insurance Shield Online
- Agriculture Insurance Company of India Limited
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)
- Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India Limited (ECGC)
- General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC)
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
- National Insurance Company Limited (NICL)
- New India Assurance Company Limited (NIACL)
- Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OICL)
- SBI Life Insurance Company Limited (SBI LIFE)
- United India Insurance Company Limited
LIC means “trust”. It is the top most leading insurance company in India. Today LIC functions with 2048 fully computerized branch offices, 100 divisional offices, 7 zonal offices and the corporate office. LIC’s Wide Area Network covers 100 divisional offices and connects all the branches through a Metro Area Network.
Health Shield Online is another site. However, renewal is accepted only up to 70 years.With Health Shield, you will also have access to value added services like cashless treatment (subject to conditions and authorizations) at a list of hospitals provided by us, a 24-hour helpline and ambulance referral facility at no additional cost. It has been designed to ensure that you and your family get the best medical treatment at any time when you need it.
- Instant Coverage
- No Documentation required
- No Medical Examination required
- Income Tax benefit under section 80D of the IT Act
- Family Discount of 10% for covering 3 or more family members under a single policy.
It is a sole reinsurer in the domestic reinsurance market. It provides reinsurance to the direct general insurance companies in the Indian market. Also, receives statutory cession of 10% on each and every policy subject to certain limits