Island Tourism Festival of Andaman and Nicobar Islands which takes place at Port Blair is a ten day long festival. This is a festival of dance drama and music. Exhibitions of arts and crafts, flora and fauna and marine life which are a specialty of Andaman are a part of the event. Aqua sports and parasailing are the added attractions.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a place where all religions, languages, ethnic groups live in peace and harmony and hence it is called by the name of Mini India. Port Blair is a town with universal character where people of different kinds of lifestyle live together in peace and serenity.
- All the major Indian festivals are celebrated with equal eagerness and fervor and attended by people of all religious groups. People in Andaman thus celebrate the Island tourism festival with much pomp and grandeur.
- This festival is organized by the Administration of Andaman and Nicobar Islands during the month of December and January.
- The exhibition that takes place during this festival is attended by the government and the private agencies every year.
- Artists from all over the world come to be a part of the Island tourism festival. Baby show, dog show, magic show, floating restaurant puppet show, water sports, scuba diving and canoe race and etc are an important part of the exhibition.
- The cultural groups of national and international fame perform in this exhibition and exhibit their talents to the world. The festival also establishes the island as an eco-friendly tourist destination.