JNTU Kakinada or Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada is one of the most reputed universities of country.
JNTU Kakinada Constituent Colleges:
There are two constituent colleges of JNTU Kakinada.
- JNTU Kakinada -UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING KAKINADA which has recently declared as an automnous institute.
- JNTU Kakinada - UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING VIZIANAGARAM
JNTU Kakinada Affiliated Colleges:
there are 178 colleges established in Srikakulam, Krishna, Vizianagaram, Vishakhapatnam, East Godawari, West godawari, Guntur and Praksham regions are affiliated to JNTU Kakinada
Courses Offered at JNTU, Kakinada:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- B-Tech Contact and Correspondence Course for diploma holders people in job.
- Note: total number of seats available in each branch is 50.
- Note: Recently, JNTU Kakinada is granted permission to start B-Tech program in Petroleum Engineering.
- Civil Engineering - Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
- Civil Engineering - Structural Systems and Design
- Mechanical Engineering - Machine Design
- Mechanical Engineering - CAD/CAM
- Electrical Engineering - Electrical Power systems (High Voltage)
- Electrical Engineering - Advanced Power Systems
- Electronics & Communication Engineering - Instrumentation and Controls
- Electronics & Communication Engineering - Computer & Communications
- Computer Science & Engineering - M.Tech in CSE
- Computer Science & Engineering - M.Tech in Information Technology
- M.Tech in Nuclear Engg
- Sequential Summer School P.G. Program in M-Tech (for in service teachers in all the above mentioned branches)
- Note: Total numbers of seats available in each branch are 25.
- MCA (Masters in Computer Application) - Note: total numbers of seats available are 30.
- MBA (Masters in Business Administration) is indtroduced in 2008.
- Phd Research Programs
JNTU – Kakinada Admission Procedure:
- B-Tech Programs:
Candidates must be 10+2 passed with physics & Mathematics as major subjects with minimum 50% of marks, selection will be on the basis of marks obtained in EAMCET (Engg, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test).
- M-Tech Programs:
Aspiring candidates must be graduate in corresponding discipline; the selection will be on the basis of GATE Examination for non-sponsored candidates and entrance test conducted by the University for sponsored and self-supporting candidates.
SSS-M- tech Program: Candidates have to clear the entrance test and Personal interview conducted by JNTU-Kakinada.
- MCA Program: Students seeking admissions in MCA , should be graduate with mathematics as major subject and minimum 50% of marks. Selection will be based on marks obtained in ICET test (Integrated Common Entrance Test).
- PHD Programs: The selection will be based on entrance test and PI conducted by JNTU – Kakinada University itself.
JNTU Kakinada Fee Structure:
- B-tech –
In private colleges affilaited to JNTU Kakinada,
- For seats under govt. Quota: tuition fee = approx 30,000 INR /annum.
- For seats under Management Quota: tuition fee = approx 90,000/annum
- For seats under govt. Quota: tuition fee = 28,000 INR /annum.
- For seats under Management Quota: tuition fee = 50,000/annum
- MBA / MCA :
- For seats under govt. Quota: tuition fee = 30,000 INR /annum.
- For seats under Management Quota: tuition fee = 74,000/annum
Placements at JNTU, Kakinada:
Average Placement is 80% every year. Major recruiters are TCS, WIPRO, CTS, SATYAM, VIRTUSA, CSC, ORACLE, JUNO ONLINE, BEL, ITC, L&T, ESSAR STEELS, Jatayu, Kanbay, Patni, CMC, Yahoo, BEL etc.
JNTU Kakinada Contact Details:
Adress: Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada Kakinada - 533 003, Andhra Pradesh, India. E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com Ph no: +91 884 230 0900 Fax: +91 884 230 0901