==Jammu & Kashmir Railways==
* '''Jammu and Kashmir''', the Crowning Glory of India is loaded with immense natural beauty and offers varied attractions, right from the plains of Jammu, magnificent '''Kashmir valley''', up to the gracious moonland- '''[[Leh-Tour|Ladakh]]'''.
* The Kashmir Valley is regarded as the most beautiful valley In the world and is known as the '''Paradise on Earth'''.
* The State does not have a god rail network due to the mountainsous terrain.
* The 345 kms. Long '''Jammu- Udhampur-Katra-Quazigund-Srinagar-Baramulla''' railway can be easily described as one of the biggest and most challenging railway projects in the world.
* In fact, many railway engineers consider it to be even more challenging than the famous Tibet Railway project completed by '''China'''.
* The route includes man bridges, viaducts and tunnels. The railway is expected to cross over 750 bridges and pass through 100 kms. Of tunnels.
* The 11 kms. Long '''Pir Pajal''' tunnel between '''Banihal''' and '''Quazigund '''will be India’s longest rail tunnel. The '''Chenab bridge''', 1,315 m. long and 359 m . above the river bed will be the highest railway structure of its kind in the world, 35 m. higher than the tip of Eiffel Tower in Paris.
* The 54.5 kms. Long '''Jammu – Udhampur''' railway section was completed and inaugurated on 13th April, 2005 .
* It has 158 bridges and 200 tunnels. The longest bridge on this section is 1.1 kms.
* Long on '''Tawi river''' and the longest tunnel is Tunnel Number 8 at Chilla apanning 2.5 kms.
* '''Udhampur''' is now linked by''' Uttar Sampark Kranti''' with '''Delhi'''.