Kolkata Municipal Corporation issues the birth as well as death certificate. To obtain death certificate some rules and regulations are there. They are as follows:
1. Only if the event of death is registered, in those circumstances only the death certificate is issued.
2. The death certificate is issued only when the death is registered within 21 days of its occurrence under the Registration of Death Act 1969.
3. With the permission of the Registrar the death certificate can be obtained if the death is reported of the occurrence within a year.
4. Executive / 1st Class Magistrate of the area can only registrar issues a death certificate if the death is reported beyond the time limit of one year of its occurrence.
5. Every death cannot be registered by KMC. Only those occurring within the area of KMC jurisdiction can only be registered by KMC.
Kmc Procedure To Get Death Certificate
Circumstances under which the death certificate can be obtained can be grouped as:
- When the dead bodies are brought to the Crematorium of Burial Ground under KMC for its last rituals then KMC issues death certificates are issued within the spot.
- In situations when the death bodies receives its last rituals outside KMC then the death certificate can be attained after reregistering the death in the KMC Main Office, Health Department at 5, S.N. Banerjee Road, Kolkata - 700 013.
Unoccurence Of Certificate
KMC Main Office, Health Department at 5, S.N. Banerjee Road, Kolkata - 700 013 registers a death certificate if a death is not registered.
Charges To Be Paid For Death Certificates
1. The charges of the first two copies of death certificate are Rs. 10 each.
2. The extra computer printed copies of death certificate costs Rs. 50 each copy.
3. If there is Incurrence of the death certificate then for new issuing of death certificate causes Rs.300.