Krishna District In AP
- This is another magnificent river, the other one being Godavari, by the name of which a district is known.
- Krishna has its founts in the robust ranges of the mighty Western Ghats, Mahabaleshwar in the state of Maharashtra.
- It has a beautiful long course of 1290 km and mingles with the Bay of Bengal.
- The main tributary of this resplendent river is the ravishing river Tungabadra.
- Obviously both the rivers are reverd as sacred as all rivers and waterways in the nation.
- All along the benigh banks of this beautiful path of serene waters are situated lush green fertile landscape and many ancient cities which retain their pristine beauty even with the foray of modernization.
- The beautiful, ancient and important city of Vijayawada with its scenic hills, historic monument and sacred pilgrim centres is ideally situated on the beautiful banks of Krishna.
- The temples and hills have historic and Puranic references
The legends allude the regions here had been the stage of many mythical happenings.
- There is also a monuments built after Mahatma Gandhi
In and Around Vijayawada.
Temples in Krishna District In AP
Kanaka Durga Temple This ancient temple in the beautiful city adds divine significance to the picturesque hill the Indrakila
- Goddess Kanaka Durga the presiding deity here manifests in a four foot tall idol with eight mighty arms all holding frightening weapons to destroy the evil.
- Mahisasura, the demon king can be seen under the holy feet of the Goddess with her ‘Trident’ ripping apart his earth.
- The goddess who ravages the demon turns benign and benevolent to the innumerable devotees to the innumerable devotees who have reposed unshakable faith in her.
- Every bit of the rich precious jewellery and the beautiful fragrant flowers and festoons seems to emulate one another in adoring the all merciful Goddess.