Life insurance is a contract that guarantees imbursement of an amount to the person assured (or his nominee) on the happening of the event insured against and Premium is the payment or one of the regular periodic payments that a policy holder makes to meet the various Life Insurance needs that may occur in the varying social and economic environment.
LIC Premium Payments can be made by many methods - At Cash Counter, ECS (Electronic Clearance Service), Bill Pay, ATM Payment, etc.
Payment of Premium on Internet:
LIC has provided its policy holders (only who have enrolled their policies on LIC’s website http://www.licindia.in an exclusive facility to pay Premiums through Internet and viewing their policy details on Internet Premium Payments absolutely free. LIC Premium Payments can be done using Net Banking accounts with the banks listed at http://www.licindia.in/bankname.htm
Premium can be Collected only for Inforce, Ordinary policies under all modes (YLY,HLY, QLY & MLY) and ULIP Policies. Premium for policies under Salary Savings Scheme(SSS) and Health Insurance policies cannot be paid online. Premium can be collected from 6 months before from the Due Date and till the policy is in force. For some Term Insurance policies - Within 15days only - plans 153- Anmol Jeevan,164-Anmol Jeevan-1, 177- Amulya Jeevan, 190 Amulya Jeevan.
Here is a simple step-by-step guide to make Premium Payment using The Online facility:
- Obtain the user-ID and enroll the Policies on LIC website with correct premium amount and in the case of Policies on the life of self can be enrolled as date of birth which should same as in the profile.
- Upon the enrollment of the policies a list of policies with due premium can be viewed by clicking on the link ‘Pay Premium Online’.
- You can also select the Policies for which premium is desired to be paid by clicking in the selection box.
- After this a Dialog box appears with message of caution (Do not make the payment again without checking the bank account) and click “ok”.
- You will have to select the Bank from the drop-down list.
- You will next be taken to the Bank site from where you can make the payment by using the said Bank’s User-ID and Password.
- The Premium receipt of the payment can be printed and also it is E-mailed to the Policy Holder and a message stating Successful/Unsuccessful transaction is flashed.
- Always verify the Bank balance after the transaction is completed.
- The premium receipt is also be presented under your User-ID at Customer Services - View Pay Premium Online - Receipts.
- Validation of the digital receipt for online payment is to be done following the procedure for the validation at http://www.licindia.com/e_receipt_verification.htm and you can download the certificate at clicking here and is to be added to trust settings as trusted root and the signature will appear as ‘valid signature’. This being a one-time process only.
- If the amount is excess due to double payment, same is refunded to the service provider Bill Desk, who in turn is refunded to the respective bank and credited to the customer’s account directly.
The updation of the Premium is in real time.
- It is a very easy process by means of one time enrollment of the policies.
- You can pay the Premium anytime, anywhere and thus the most opportune technique of paying even if you are out of country.
- Instant receivable Valid Premium Receipt.
- The policy data is not shared between LIC and Banks over net and it is only the amount to be paid that is encrypted and transported, it is a very secure arrangement. The Login ID of both the sites (LIC and the Bank) is known to only to you the policy holder.
- You will not incur any charge to avail this service.
Other sites: http://www.licindia.in/alch4.htm#atmpay http://www.licindia.in/call_center_num.htm http://www.licindia.in/office_address.htm http://www.licindia.in/contact_id_co_zo.htm http://www.licindia.in/contact_id_do.htm http://www.licindia.in/address_id_p&g.htm