Candidates seeking admission to MBA/ PG Dip in and around maharashtra are required to appear for the mandatory exam conducted by AICTE. With this entrance exam a candiadate can only apply to colleges in maharashtra. Almost all colleges in maharashtra recognize the exam.
With the CET, a candidate can apply to the following courses:
1. Master of Business Administration (MBA)
2. Master of Management Studies (MMS)
3. Post Graduate Diploma Courses in Business Management (PGDBM)
4. Business Administration (PGDBA)
* To appear for the common entrance test a candidate must have passed with minimum of 45% marks in aggregate* ( 40% in case of candidates of backward class categories belonging to Maharashtra State only)
* A candidate in the final year may also apply. Such candidates may only be given a seat if they fulfill the above criteria.
The exam comprises of three parts viz: written test, group discussion and personal interview. The total of all these tests is the final score depending on which a candidate may apply.
Admission to all colleges are based on the CET scores. The total score of the written exam and GD/PI has to be forwarded to the desired universities.
The exam is usually held in the month of january. The detailed notification regarding availability of information brochure, filling up on-line Application form, eligibility criteria etc is normally published and is also available on the official web site [[http://www.dte.org.in/mba]] or [[http://www.dte.org.in/mca]] in the third week of January