Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI) Kolkata is the premier and the oldest Marine Engineering College in India. The Institute was established at the onset of Independence in 1947. Marine Engineering & Research Institute Calcutta was earlier known as Directorate of Marine Engineering Training with its headquarter in Calcutta and a branch at Mumbai, under Ministry of Shipping (Government of India). The Institute acquired its present name on February 2, 1994.
MERI Kolkata Mode of Selection
- Qualify in IIT-JEE Examination.
- Application to Indian Institute of Maritime Studies (IIMS), Mumbai.
- Counseling of the selected candidates (Tentatively Last week of July/ First week of August).
MERI Kolkata Eligiblity:
Unmarried (male/female) Indian Citizens.
Age: Maximum: 20 years old* * on 1st October in the year of admission.
Academic Qualification : As per requirement of IIT-JEE
MERI Kolkata Fee:
The approximate fee shall be Rs. 1,00,000/- ( Rupees One Lakh ) per year( including messing Charges) and to be payable at Rs 50,000/- per semester
MERI Kolkata Hostels:
The Hostel has a multi-level formation.
On the first level - the wings are divided into 10 Sadans (Houses). Appropriately, these "Sadans" are named after famous scientists –
And on Second level, the hostels are further divided into:
East & West Wings for 2nd & 3rd year Students.
Senior Hostel for Final year Students.
And, a separate Girls Hostel.
MERI Kolkata Campus Life:The facilities at the Campus include:
- A competition standard Swimming Pool.
- Tennis Court.
- Field Games - Cricket, Football, Hockey, Basketball, Volleyball etc.
- Gymnasium for Physical Development ( Fully equipped Gym ).
- Indoor Games - Table Tennis, Carom, Darts, Chess etc.
- Kick Boxing
MERI Kolkata Contacts:-
P-19, Taratolla Road.
Kolkata: 700 088.
West Bengal, India.
Phone: (033) 2401 4673/4674/4675/4676/4678/3677.
Fax: (033) 2401 4333.