MH-CET (Regional: Maharashtra)
- MH-CET stands for Maharashtra Common Entrance Test and is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra (www.dte.org.in/mba).
- This is a must for gaining admission in to the MBA (or equivalent) programmers of any of the Government, University Managed, University Departments and Unaided Institutes Maharashtra.
- This exam is generally held some were between February and May each year (For example held on 21st Febraury, 2010) and is a two-and-a-half hour exam of 200 marks.
Top B-schools using MH-CET Scores are
• Jamnala Baja Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) Mumbai University
• Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & research, Mumbai
• Sydenham Institute of Management Studies And Research And Entrepreneurships Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai
• Department of Management Sciences, University of Pune (PUMBA)
• K.J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research
- The important thing to note on this exam is that the questions are not segregated into different sections as per the above classification but all jumped up which means that there are no section weight ages unlike CAT(as there are no sections in the first place).
- Break-up of the seats available for admission for all types of Institute is show below:
MH-CET EXAM STRUCTURE
A Verbal Ability Approx.50 marks
B Quantitative Aptitude Approx.50 marks
C Logical Reasoning Approx.100 marks