Madras Institute of Technology or MIT Chennai was established just few years after freedom in year 1949 by Mr. C, Rajam. In 1978, MIT became an autonomous constituent institution of Anna University, Tamil Nadu.
Many precious gems of India like Missile Man Abdul Kalam Azad and Writer Sujatha have studied in ‘‘‘Madras Institute of Technology “. Also MIT, Chennai was the first institute who launched courses in Aeronautical, Instrumentation and Automobile Engineering disciplines. It also holds the record of being the very first college to launch P.G. programs in Aero and Mechatronics domains.
Courses Offered at MIT Chennai
- B.E. Aeronautical Engineering (total number of seats available are 30)
- B.E. Auto Mobile Engineering (full time &part time), (total number of seats available are 30)
- B.E. Electronics & Communications Engineering (total number of seats available are 120)
- B.E. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering (total number of seats available are 60)
- B.E. Production Engineering (part time & full time) (total number of seats available are 60)
- B.E. Rubber & Plastic Technology (total number of seats available are 60)
- B.E.Computer Science (total number of seats available are 60)
- B.E. Information Technology (total number of seats available are 60)
- M.E. Aeronautical Engineering
- M.E. ( part time & full time) - Auto Mobile Engineering
- M.E. ECE- Communications & Networking Engineering
- M.E. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- M.E. Manufacturing Engineering (part time & full time)
- M.E. Mechatronics Engineering
Research Centres at MIT Chennai
MIT Chennai also has two authorized research centres of Anna University:
- ANNA UNIVERSITY-KBC CENTER FOR INTERNET AND TELECOM TECHNOLOGIES
- CENTER FOR AUTOMOTIVE RESEARCH AND TRAINING (C.A.R.T)
MIT Chennai Admission Procedure
B.E. / B.Tech Programs : Candidate should be 10+2 passed with physics, mathematics and chemistry as major subjects or any other equivalent education accepted by Anna University, Tamil Nadu and should appear in either TNEA (tamilnadu Engineering Admissions ) entrabce test .some seats will also filled up through AIEEE couselling.
M.E. / M.Tech Programs: Candidate should be graduate in respective discipline or any other equivalent education accepted by Anna University, Tamil Nadu and should appear in TANCA entrance test/ GATE entrabce test.
Placements at Madras Institute Of Technology:
Placements statistics for the session 2008-2009 at MIT Chennai are as follows:
- Computer Science Engineering (86.5%)
- Information Technology (89.9 %)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (Regular) (93.3 %)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (Self Supporting) (87.7%)
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (95.4%)
- Aeronautics Engineering (75.6%)
- Automobile Engineering (81.4 %)
- Production Technology (81%)
- Rubber and Plastic Technology(90.9%)
In total overall average placement was 87.4 percent i.e. out of 515, 450 students were placed through campus recruitment.
MIT Chennai Contact Details:
Chromepet, Chennai, Tamilnadu –
Ph no: +91 44 22232403
Email: mail@ Mitindia.edu