National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (NIT-K) was set up in the year 1963 as one of 17 Regional Engineering Colleges planned by the central government in association with the state governments across the country during 1959-1965. The NIT-K was known by the name of Regional Engineering College, Kurukshetra till 2002.
NIT Kurukshetra Admission Procedure:
Admission to the undergraduate programs is based on the rank obtained in the All India Engineering Entrance Examination [AIEEE] conducted by the Central Board Of Secondary Education (C B S E ) New Delhi.
NIT Kurukshetra Eligibility:
• The minimum academic qualification for admission through AIEEE is a pass in the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination.
• The number of attempts which the candidate can avail at All India Engineering/Architecture Entrance Examination shall be limited to 03(three) uniformly for all the candidates in consecutive years.
NIT Kurukshetra Courses & Seats Offered :
Electronics & Comm. Engg. = 101
Computer Engineering = 67
Information Technology = 67
Mechanical Engineering = 101
Industrial Engineering & Mgt. = 67
Electrical Engineering = 101
Civil Engineering = 101
NIT Kurukshetra Fees:
1. Tuition Fee -Rs. 6,000/- (per Sem.)
2. Students related activity Fee -Rs. 3,500/- (per Sem.)
3. Alumni Association Fee -Rs. 250/- (upto 2nd Sem.)
4. Contribution towards Corpus Fund -Rs. 16,000/- (at the time of admn. only)
5. Institute Security -Rs. 4,000/- (at the time of admn. only)
6. Seat Rent- -Rs. 1,000/- (per Sem.)
Total (A) -Rs. 30,750/-
7. Hostel Dues (B) -Rs. 10,000/- (Security Rs. 5000/- , Watch
& Wards = Rs. 3000/- & Mice. Expenses=
Total (A+B) -Rs. 40,750/-
Fee Without Hostel -Rs. 29,750/-
NIT Kurukshetra Placements:
Campus placements are regularly conducted for students career oriented future.
MAJOR COMPANIES VISITING MNIT
L & T Mumbai
L & T, Chennai
Satlujjal Vidut N. Ltd
NIT Kurukshetra Hostel:
Number of Boys’ Hostel (UG) 05 Nos.
Capacity 250 each
Seats per Room 3 Seater (Hostel No. 1,2 & 3)
Single Seater (Hostel No. 4 & 5)
Number of Girls’ Hostels 02 Nos.
(i) Old Girls’ Hostel
Capacity 120 seats
Seats per Room
1 Seater (42 Rooms)
2 Seater (6 Rooms)
3 Seater (22 Rooms)
(ii) New Girls’ Hostel
Capacity 200 Seats
NIT Kurukshetra Contacts:-
National Institute of Technology
Kurukshetra - 136 119
Ph: 01744-238083 (O)
Fax: 01744-238050, 238494