- NLIU Bhopal
- NLIU Bhopal Admission Procedure:
- NLIU Bhopal Eligibility:
- NLIU Bhopal INTAKE AND RESERVATION:
- NLIU Bhopal Programmes Offered:
- NLIU Bhopal Hostels:
- NLIU Bhopal Campus:
- NLIU Bhopal Contacts:
Act No. 41 of 1997 of the Madhya Pradesh Legislature has established the National Law Institute University (NLIU) and providing most modern legal education through multidisciplinary teaching and training of newer skills needed for the profession.
The University is ranked #3 amongst Law Colleges in the India Today-AC Nielsen-ORG Marg Survey of Colleges for 2006-07.
NLIU Bhopal Admission Procedure:
COMMON LAW ADMISSION TEST Admission to the First Year of the 5-year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Programme is made strictly on merit, based on a Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). Further details regarding the Admission Test is made available at http://www.clat.ac.in
NLIU Bhopal Eligibility:
Applicants should have scored a minimum of 55% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST and OBC students) in the 10+2 or its equivalent. Applicants must be below the age of 21 years (23 years for SC/ST and OBC students) as on 1st July of the year of admission.
NLIU Bhopal INTAKE AND RESERVATION:
Out of 80 seats, 40 seats are reserved for candidates from M.P., while the remaining 40 seats are available for All India candidates.
NLIU Bhopal Programmes Offered:
B.A.LL.B (Hons) Course of NLIU Bhopal is divided in 03-trimesters of 70 working days each.
NLIU Bhopal Hostels:
The University offers separate residential facilities for men and women. All residents are provided with single rooms each having modular study and computer table, spacious steel almirah, and cupboard. The Halls boast of manicured lawns, gymnasium, common room fitted with color television and cable network, reading room and indoor sports facilities. The residents are also provided with 24 hours hot and cold water and laundry services
NLIU Bhopal Campus:
Gyan Mandir It is a centrally air-conditioned, state-of-the-art building housing a library, a cyber network center, faculty chambers and classrooms.
Library The library is well equipped with over 30,000 volumes consisting of reference books, back volumes of journals and law reports, current legal periodicals and a wealth of statistical material and rare collections.
Cyber Network Centre and Internet facility University campus are Wi – Fi (Wireless – fidelity) enabled with 18 ‘hot spots’ spread across the campus.
Sports Facilities NLIU can now boast of its own ultra-modern sporting complex having two courts each of Lawn Tennis, Volleyball and Basketball besides a Football field and an indigenously improvised Cricket maidan.
Banking Facilities The Bank of Baroda has been organizing an extension counter on a weekly basis on the campus in the past.
NLIU Bhopal Internships and Placements:
Some of the law firms, leading advocates, MNCs, financial institutions, NGOs and international organizations where the students have interned and secured placements are as follows:
International Law Firms:
• Boehmart & Boehmart Law Associates, Germany • Clifford Chance, London • Eisenfuhr Speiser & Partners, Germany • Linklaters, London, U.K • Mayor, Brown & Rowe, France • Pederson & Houpt, USA • Rajah & Tann, Singapore • S.I. Jaffar & Co., London • Morgan & Walker, U.K.
National Law Firms:
• Advani & Co. • Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh Shroff & Co. • Amitabh Sen & Co. • Anand and Anand • AZB & Partners • BMR • Dua Associates • Economic Law Practice • Enviro Legal Development Foundation • Fox Mandal • Global Legal Associates • Haresh Jagtiani & Associates • Holla and Holla • Juris Corp • Jyoti Sagar & Associates • Kachhwa & Partners • Karanjiawala & Co. • Krishna & Saurashtra • Kumaran & Sagar Partners • Lakshmi Kumaran and Sridharan • Lall & Sethi • Luthra & Luthra • Majmudar & Co. • Nishith Desai Associates • O.P. Khaitan & Co. • Khaitan and Khaitan • Paras Kuhad • Parekh & Parekh • Pathak and Pathak • Rajinder Narain & Co. • Remfry & Sagar • Singhania & Co. • Titus & Co. • Trilegal Associates • Wadia Gandhy & Associates • Zeus
• Bharti Infotel • Citibank • China Trust Bank • Coca- Cola • Ernst & Young • Genpact • Godrej • Goldman Sachs • HDFC • Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation • HUDCO • ICICI Bank • Infosys • ITC • GE Capital • Lafarge • Morgan Stanley • Pricewater House Coopers • Pfizer • Quislex • Raymonds India Ltd • Ranbaxy Laboratories • Reliance Infocom Ltd • Reid & Taylor • Sahara India • SEBI • Shipping Corporation of India • TISCO • Thomas Cook • UCO Bank • UTI Bank • WIPRO • Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals
• Action Aid • Amnesty International • Centre for Science and Environment • Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative • Child Relief and You • Helpage India • Human Rights Law Network • Indo-German Bilateral Program • Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies • National Working Group on Patent Laws • PILSARC • TERI • World Wildlife Federation
• Bharat Heavy Electrical Ltd. • Gas Authority of India Ltd. • Law Commission of India • Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India • Ministry of Law, Government of India • Ministry of Finance, Government of M.P. • National Human Rights Commission • M.P. State Human Rights Commission • Oil and Natural Gas Corporation • State Legal Service Authority, Ahmedabad • The Energy and Resources Institute, New Delhi • World Trade Organisation Centre
• Gopal Subramanium, Senior Advocate • Harish Salve, Senior Advocate • K.K. Venugopal, Senior Advocate • Kamini Jaiswal, Senior Advocate • Parag Tripathi, Senior Advocate • P.P. Malhotra, Senior Advocate • P.P. Rao, Senior Advocate • Pratibha Singh, Patents and Trademark Attorney • R. Mohan, Additional Solicitor General • Rajiv Dhawan, Senior Advocate • Ram Jethmalani, Former Law Minister • Ravindra Srivastava, Former Advocate General, C.G • S.C. Datt, Senior Advocate • Shanti Bhushan, Former Law Minister • Virendra Bhatia, Former Advocate General, U.P. • Zafar Shah, Senior Advocate