National Defence Academy was founded in the year 1957 and is India premier training institute which provide training for 3 yrs to future cadets in Naval, Indian Military and Air Force. It is India’s reputed training Institute located in Pune.
To get into this training institute, one has to appear for NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year and qualified candidate are being sent for further selection procedure. It is the toughest exam which conducted under the guidance of UPSC. This exam will be conducted in various centers in India. Before appearing for the examination candidate need to give the preference on specific field in which he/she wants to enter. Whether it is Indian Army, Naval or Air Force each field are vast and one can have a great opportunity get trained in.
Eligibility for NDA examination
- The educational qualification for those candidates who are taking up training for Army should be 12th pass out from any recognized state board with 55% marks.
- The educational qualification for those who are taking up Naval and Air Force should 12th pass out with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subject. candidate should get at least 60%.
- Candidate has to be in the merit list in the entrance examination.
- Candidate should be citizen of India. Apart from it candidate from Bhutan, Sri Lanka and Nepal who is refuge to India and is permanently settling here can also apply.
- Candidate should be physically fit and should have the written proof from the high qualified family doctor.
Examination pattern for NDA
The entrance exam is divided into 2 sections A and B and is objective type multiple questions. The total marks for both sections are 900 students will be given 2 ½ hrs time for every section. It will be a written examination.
Section A consists of questions from Mathematics which is of 300 marks and section B consist of General Ability Test consist of 600 marks. The language of the question is set in both Hindi and English.
Application Procedure for NDA exam
Candidate can obtain the application form in Post/Head office. The desired candidate has to fill Common Application Form and send it to the desired person. candidate has to pay Rs 20/- in cash for the form. The duly filled application form along with acknowledgment card should be sent to:
The Controller of Examination,
UPSC, Dholpur House,
Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110 069
Candidate can also apply for the form through online http://www.upsconline.nic.in/