The National consumer Dispute Redressal Commission
What is the National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission?
- The national Consumer dispute Redressal commission commonly known and the National Commission is the highest forum formulated to redress consumer disputes.
- It is established by the central government at the national level under the commission protection act.
- It is situated in the capital of India.
composition Of The National consumer Dispute Redressal Commission
- It has a minimum five members including the chairperson who is a serving or a retried judge of the Supreme Court.
- It is mandatory to have a woman as a member of the National Commission.
Is there any provision to establish Circuit Benches of the National Commission?
- A provision has been made to establish circuit benches at the places as the Central Government in consultation with the National Commission decides.
What kinds of complaints can be field before The National consumer Dispute Redressal Commission?
- Two kinds of complaints may be field before the National Commission:
1)Appeals against the decisions of the state commission.
2)District complaints, where values of goods or services
compensation, exceeds rupees one crore.