Admission to1st Year of 3-Year BSc (Hospitality and Hotel Administration) at affiliated Institute of Hotel Management all over the country is through Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducted by National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) and Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). he Council centrally regulates academics for hospitality and hotel administration and other eleven structured courses of studies that are imparted at the existing 26 Institutes of Hotel Management and 10 Food Craft Institutes located in different parts of the country. All Institutes uniformly follow standardized course curricula prescribed by the Council for the different professional programmes. On national level about 80% graduates are employed by Hospitality and other service sectors through campus recruitment from IHMs affiliated with NCHMCT.
- Plus two level examination in the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/ State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University Examination in India or in foreign country recognized by the Association of India Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education.
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects including English as one of the Subjects.
Information Brochure and Application Form can be obtained from the Institutes of Hotel Management / Food Craft Institutes and designated bank branches as listed by the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology on payment of some requisite amount. It can also be downloaded from the Council’s website http://www.nchmct.org
There are total 5 sections(Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude, Reasoning and Logical Deduction, General Knowledge, English Language, Aptitude for Service Sector)
Each section consist of 30 marks. For each question you will be awarded one mark if you have darkened only one bubble corresponding to the correct answer. In case you have not darkened any bubble or have darkened more than one bubble, you will be awarded zero mark for that question. There will be negative marking to the extent of half mark for darkening a wrong bubble. There will be no negative marking for Aptitude for Service Sector.
Medium Of Language
Question Paper will be bilingual i.e. in English and Hindi (except for English Language).
Candidates are selected based on marks secured in the Written Test.If two or more candidates have secured same marks in the Written Test. The marks obtained by the concerned candidates in the senior secondary examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent will be taken into account for breaking the tie. . In case of tie in 10+2 marks, the marks of 10 th (Secondary Examination) shall be considered for breaking the tie.
The exams are normally conducted in the month of February.