National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur is the fifth National University for Legal Education in India following the institutions at Bangalore, Hyderabad, Bhopal and Calcutta. The National Law University, established by National Law University Jodhpur, Act, 1999 (Act No. 22 of 1999), passed by the State of Rajasthan, is the first institution of its kind in the country where study of law is coupled with other disciplines such as Science, Management Science and Policy Sciences.
National Law University, Jodhpur has plans to develop 12 schools in the course of time. These are:
• School of Governance.
• School of Oriental & Occidental Jurisprudence.
• School of Languages.
• School of Social Sciences.
• School of Science & Forensic Science
• School of International Legal Studies.
• School of Business Law.
• School of Management Studies.
• School of Criminal Justice.
• School of Judicial Administration.
• School of Law & Economics
• School of Agricultural Law.
The University is ranked #4 amongst Law Colleges in the India Today-AC Nielsen-ORG Marg Survey of Colleges for 2006-07.
NLU Jodhpur Admission Procedure:
Undergraduate Programme: Admission to Undergraduate Programme would be through Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
Postgraduate Programme: Selection of students for admission to all post graduate courses will be on the basis of merit demonstrated in the result of National Entrance Test (NET) conducted by the University.
NLU Jodhpur Eligiblity:
A candidate for admission to the Degree Course shall have:
1. passed the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) system or an equivalent examination thereto securing in the aggregate not less than 50% of the total marks in all the core subjects and English language put together
2. not completed 20 years of age as on 1st July of the year of admission.
Postgraduate Programme: Three years bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline recognized by UGC/the state/central government university with 50% marks in the aggregate.
NLU Jodhpur Programmes Offered:
• Undergraduate Courses B.A LL.B. (Hons.), B.B.A LL.B. (Hons.), and B.S.C LL.B. (Hons.).
• Postgraduate Courses Constitutional Governance (Four Semesters); Intellectual Property Law (Four Semesters); Management and Law (six semesters); MBA in Insurance (Five Semesters) and International Trade Law and WTO (Four Semesters).
• Ph.D. Program
NLU Jodhpur Placements:
Highest Emolument = Rs. 13 Lacs.per annum (gross) Average is = Rs. 5,50,000 per annum (gross) Seven of our students have secured admissions in Universities in United Kingdom and United States of America for pursuing LL.M degrees.
Recruiting organization 1. Amarchand and Mangaldas 2. AZBPartners 3. ARA Law 4. ICICI Bank 5. Indian Oil Corporation 6. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory 7. WadiaGhandy 8. Laxmikumaran 9. Tata Group 10. Securities and Exchange Board of India 11. Nishith Desai& Associates 12. Vaish Law 13. Paraskuhad and associates 14. Dave Girish 15. Majmudar & Co. 16. Anand & Anand 17. Krishna & Saurashtri 18. Lex Orbis 19. Pathak and Associates 20. Larsen and Toubro Ltd. (L&T) 21. Gujarat State Petronet Ltd. 22. ICICI Lombard 23. Pangea3 Legal database systems 24. Supreme Court Clerkship 25. Herbert Smith LLP (London)
NLU Jodhpur Contacts:
The Registrar National Law University NH-65, Nagour Road Mandore Jodhpur - 342304 Rajasthan - India
Phone No. - 0291-2577530, 2577526, 5121594, 5121702
Fax - 0291-2577540 Email: email@example.com