Nursing courses is one of the medical courses which can be pursued by only science students. The information specified in this particular article would help you know more about various colleges offering nursing courses in India. The basic requirements and the detailed information about nursing courses offered by different nursing colleges are mentioned in this article.
B.Sc nursing courses
- B.Sc nursing courses can be pursued by a candidate who is a undergraduate with Biology or physics or chemistry as one of the major streams
- The duration of the course is of four years.
- Some of the institutions conduct entrance test for the admission of nursing courses process.
- The candidate will be trained on practical as well as theoretical subjects.
- The last one year of the nursing course is known as internship program.
- This deals with total practical exposure to the students in hospital.
- There are various colleges all over india offering B.Sc nursing courses.
General nursing courses or midwifery nursing courses
- This course can be pursued by any candidate who has completed 10+2 from a recognized secondary education board.
- The candidate should have been pursued either physics, chemistry, or biology as one of the major subjects in +2.
- The duration of the course is of three years.
- The candidate will be taking up both theoretical and practical classes as part of the nursing course syllabus.
- One can pursue this course from any of the institutions offering nursing courses
Auxiliary nurse courses in India
- Auxiliary nurse course is one of the short term nurse courses available.
- The duration of the course is of 18 months only.
- The candidate should be at least 10th pass to pursue this particular nursing course.
- The candidate will be trained on very basic nursing subjects in this particular course.
M.Sc in Nursing course in India
- This is the post graduation degree in nursing course which can be pursued by only the following candidates
- The candidate should be a B.Sc in nursing course pass from a recognized university
- The duration of the course is of two years
- The candidate will be eligible to make any research on nursing area after the completion of post graduation nursing course
- The candidate can also serve as a lecturer in a nursing institution after the completion of this post graduation degree.