The OBC Certificate is a Caste Certificate. It is a document that states to about the fact that one belong to the OBC i.e. Other Backward Community. This is an important document for the person belonging to the OBC’s.
WHAT IS THE NEED OF OBC CASTE CERTIFICATE?OBC Caste Certificate enables the person belonging to avail of the reservation facilities provided by the Government of India to encourage the people belonging to OBC to receive education and certain privileges that are offered by the Government of India. This is with the view of providing the other backward classes which does not fall into SC/ST or NT category to provide equal opportunities for education and services without discrimination. The certificate is an essential document to
- Avail of the reservations in educational institutes
- Avail of the reservations in government service
- Avail of the reservations in legislatures
- To obtain relaxation in the upper age limit for certain jobs
APPLICATION FOR OBC CASTE CERTIFICATEThe application form for obtaining OBC Caste Certificate can be obtained online or from any one of the following offices
- Office of Sub-Divisional Magistrate
- Office of Tehsil or Revenue Department
NECESSITIES FOR ISSUE OF O.B.C. CERTIFICATE
- Application form.
- Documents of Age proof.
- Current family income certificate by any Gazette Officer of parents showing full name, post and seal.
- Jamabandi (Patta) Land Revenue.
- Electricity Bill.
- 7/12 Extract of Land belonging to the Applicant and his/her family.
- Affidavit to support the above documents.
In case applicant has annexed the OBC certificate of his/her father or any other family member issued by other State, the genuineness of such certificate may be ascertained from appropriate authority. Also local enquiry has to be conducted in each and every case to authenticate applicant’s caste, residence and income and also investigated whether he/she falls into ‘creamy layer’ or ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ category.