What is OMR Chennai?
OMR Chennai is the Old Mahabalipuram Road of Chennai. This is the only road in ancient days that lead to Mahabalipuram from Chennai city. Mahabalipuram is famous for its historical monuments and ancient buildings of Pallavan Dynasty. OMR is renamed to Rajiv Gandhi Salai but Rajiv Gandhi Salai is not popular as OMR among the Chennai localities’. OMR Chennai is the IT Corridor of Chennai where many Information Technology companies own their offices as well as function in buildings for lease. OMR starts from the Madhya Kailas Temple of Adyar and runs till Mahabalipuram.
The IT Corridor project is implemented in two phases: Phase I – From Madhya Kailas to Sholinganallur which includes the 2 Kms extension line between the ECR Road connecting to the OMR Road in the Sholinganallur junction of OMR Chennai and Phase II – From Sholinganallur to Kelambakkam.
Important Bus stops in OMR:
Madhya Kailas, Tidel Park Stop, SRP Tools, Kandanchavadi, Perungudi, Thoraipakkam, Mettukuppam, Karapakkam, Sholinganallur, Chemencherry, Jeppiar Nagar, Navalur, Sipcot IT Park, Hindustan Engineering College Stop and Kelambakkam Bus Terminus are important bus stops on the OMR Route.
Colleges and IT Companies in OMR:
The important colleges in the OMR Chennai Route includes
• Sathyabama Deemed University
• St. Joseph’s college of Engineering
• Jeppiar Engineering college
• St.Mary’s School of Management studies
• Jeppiar SRR Engineering College
• SSN Engineering College
• Hindustan Engineering College
• National Maritime University
The popular ITES or IT Companies include
• Tata Consultancy Services
• Cognizant Technology Solutions
• Wipro Technology solutions
• HCL Technologies
• Sathyam Computer Services
• Scope International
• Polaris Software Lab
• Accenture India
• Tidel Park (hosts lot of software companies, BPOs and telecommunication companies of Chennai)
• SIPCOT IT Park (hosts lot of software companies and BPOs)
Lot of Residential apartments, movie theaters, Restaurants are planned to be build by 2012 in the IT Corridor OMR Chennai. The real estate values in the OMR Chennai are going high each year due to the high demand of land for commercial and residential purposes.